Plant Growth and Development
Ph.D- (2 Cr.)
Some Special Aspects of Plant Growth and Development
* Special Features of Plant Development
* Cell Wall, Cell Division, and Cell Growth
* Determination, Differentiation, and Dedifferentiation in Plants.
Hormonal Regulation of Developmental and Physiological Processes
* Uptake and Transport of Hormones
* Apical Dominance and Some Other Phenomena Illustrating Correlative Effects of Hormones
* Hormonal Regulation of Cell Division and Cell Growth
* Abscisic Acid and Stress Tolerance in Plants
* Vegetative Storage Proteins, Tuberization, Senescence, and Abscission.
Environmental Regulation of Plant Growth
* Photoperception and Signaling
* Tropic and Non tropic Responses to Environmental Signals
Semester I (Fall).